The year is 2033. Humanity’s ﬁrst crewed mission to Mars is about to become reality. National Geographic’s award-winning docudrama was launched simultaneously around the world with supporting on-ground initiatives. In Hong Kong, the MARS exhibition enabled visitors to experience the epic journey to Mars and become the ﬁrst humans to live on the Red Planet.
Mars Global Event Series
- 3 zones: Initiation, Preparation and Arrival
- Recreation of Mars environment, mission control, spacecraft
- Highlight edits from docudrama
- Interactives: Mars survival (dangers, water, fuel, oxygen, time, weather)
- Virtual reality: Landing on Mars
- Photo opportunity: Experience zero gravity!
- Social media: Want to be an astronaut?
- Hong Kong Science Museum
- 11 November 2016 to 11 January 2017
- 330,000 visitors
What are the dangers on Mars
How to make oxygen on Mars
Mars time compared to earth time
Is there water on Mars?